Its simple, start by registering for an account.
Before you’ll be permitted to play for real-money on a NJ online casino site, you must first complete a registration process.
Admittedly, this process is a bit more comprehensive than what you’re used to, but the extra steps are necessary to ensure that your identity is protected and to prevent ineligible persons from cheating the system.
In total, the registration will only take about 5 minutes and once you’ve registered at a New Jersey online casino, you won’t have to register at that casino again.
How do I get started?
Before you sign up for a NJ online casino site, here are a couple of things worth noting:
- You must sign up for each site individually, although the process is largely the same across sites.
- Players do not have to be physically located in New Jersey to complete the registration process, but you will need to be located in New Jersey to start playing for real-money online.
- You will not be able to create an account if you’re unable to verify your information. Your name, address, and social security number must all link up.
- Only the account holder can play on the account. Duplicate accounts are not permitted.
- Upon registering an account you may receive a no-deposit bonus. These funds will let you to try an online casino before you deposit your own money.
Registering for Virgin Casino
The Virgin Casino registration process is handled all on one screen, and is one of the most streamlined registration processes of any NJ online casino site.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to get going:
- Navigate to VirginCasino.com from a PC, Mac, tablet, or mobile device (iOS/Android only).
- Click or touch “Join Now,” located in the upper left hand portion of the homepage.
- Fill out the “Create Your Username” box by entering your preferred username (you can check if it’s already taken), password, and email address.
- Navigate to the next box “Enter Your Details.” Here, you’ll need to provide your full first and last name, gender, date of birth, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Moving on, scroll down to “Contact and Security” (see below). Input your address, city, state, and zip code. You’ll also need to enter in a cell phone number. The “Referred by a Friend?” and “Promotional Code” fields are optional.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. It’s up to you whether you want to check the two offers checkboxes.
- Double check that your info is valid, and click “Join Now”
Below is what you will see when you register at Virgin Casino online.
Do not leave any required fields blank. Any blank fields or invalid info will be flagged by the system. This is a security measure taken by the site to ensure that only qualified and verified persons are allowed to participate.
If you’re running into problems, simply click the Live Chat box in the lower right hand portion of your screen to receive immediate assistance. Live Chat agents are available 24/7.
Upon successfully completing the registration process, you’ll have the freedom to demo games, play for real-money via a no-deposit bonus (only if you’re located in NJ), or make a deposit. The site may encourage you to deposit real money, but you do not have to deposit real money to play with your no-deposit bonus.
Why do I need to provide my social security number?
If there’s one piece of information that you’re probably skeptical about sharing, it’s your social security number. We get it — no one wants to have their identity stolen. That won’t happen at NJ online casino sites, which are required by state law to protect its players personal information.
Ok, but why do the online casinos need your SSN?
One of the regulations set forth by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement requires that casinos verify player identities before permitting them to play online. Social security numbers are one of the most reliable and effective means of accomplishing this.
Put simply, by providing your social security number to NJ online casino sites, you’re telling them that you are who you say you are.
That’s important for a few reasons:
- It enables the online casino sites to prevent underage players from gambling online
- Stringent verification checks act as a safeguard against fraud
- It’s necessary for tax reporting purposes
If you’re still feeling hesitant about providing your sensitive information, consider this: NJ online casino verification processes have now improved to the point where most sites no longer require players to input their entire social security number — just the last four digits.
Plus, it’s closely regulated by the State of New Jersey and operated by Atlantic City Casinos. You can read more about the regulation process here.